Sunday, May 29, 2011

Music: ARE WE GONNA FUC OR NOT?





Where to begin? I know this isn’t new are anything, but this song is just that great… and surprising speaks to me on a whole other level. Although this song is about a man’s plight to get in your pants…I actually see it as something more. Too many people are ambiguous, not only girls but guys to. We are hardly straight forward with what we want…it’s always some sort of game. I wish guys would just tell me the deal, are we gonna chill? Do more than that…. Are we just friends? There is nothing worse than getting dressed up only to go out and be let down…because the other person doesn’t know what the hell they want to do. Are does …and didn’t let you in on it.
But anyway the song is funny and pretty cool to watch as Jenny pointed out to me. The chorus goes, “She loves me, she loves me not. I can’t tell if she’s down or not. Oh you like me, what the hell does that mean ?” I understand this may be frustrating for guys when trying to close the deal… but guys have done the same to us in an effort to keep their options open. Lame. Our favorite line is, “Tryin’ to stick around like wifey, but I send her home in my white tee” Woah. Big Sean’s swag and snapback (hahaha) make this line that much better. Girls should just know what they are getting in to. As Clinton Sparks would say in the beginning of this video, “I know you didn’t come to my room at 4 in the morning to watch a movie”. Well overall…good song, funny video, and truth behind it.

-larissa

No comments:

Post a Comment